Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Reality Check

Well...I played a "big one" on Tuesday. Four cronies took a trip to Fox Ridge Golf Course in Auburn and had a great time....but it was a reality check for me. Number one was that I don't really play the game very well in spite of my six handicap at UCC. Number two is that I really don't care, because I have so much fun playing golf. Three was that we at UCC are very very fortunate to have the greens-keeper that we have. Our course is very beautiful...and it's all his fault.
So...when you just nudge the ball an the greens of Fox Ridge, there is a long, long roll...time enough to say "look at that.... I can't believe it... stop!!!" And there are some holes where there was water, stone walls, bushes, "native fescue", and cart paths between the tee and the fairway...200 yards away. Two of our group could hit far up onto the next ridge, but I just haven't got the power. Oh well....I learned how to say "Oh Well."
We had a great time...and that's what it's all about!
See you all on Sunday afternoon if not before.
(1:30 PM...Three-Ball Tournament.)

No comments:

Post a Comment