Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tourney Update!

The final two players have been determined...and they are Jeff Payson and Chris Blum! I just have to share the email that I got from Chris. Here it is...verbatim:

John and I tried to play Thursday but got rained out. We met to play on
Friday at 2:30. He certainly was not going to give me the match. It was
extremely hot and some sort of fly was hatching out all over the course.
It looked like some sort of swarm from a horror movie or something!

I took the first two holes and it looked like I had a chance but he was
not giving up that easy. We had a great time and coming up on 18, I was
one up but John took the hole to tie it up. Off for another 9. This is the
second time during this tournament that I had to go extra holes. I pulled
out every trick I had and shot a personal low score of 33 on the next nine
but it still wasn't enough! We elected to play another nine. Yes, a total
of 36 holes! In the end, I guess I wore him down. Coming up on #36 I was 1
up. I landed a really good tee shot and my second shot was about a foot
away. John shot a 4 and I walked (limped) away victorious.

I don;t recall who won the other match but it looks like I'm in the final.
i just hope there is a course to play after tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment