Tuesday, June 21, 2011

President's Cup Champion!

In a match that pitted the consistent, effortless strokes of a master against the decidedly mediocre efforts of an old man, John Jacques emerged as the 2011 Presidents Cup Champion today. Congratulations to John...and really to all who participated. This was a great tournament, with a good turnout, and lots of good laughs. I have it on good account that the loser of the final match (4 and 3) retained his sense of humor and plans on giving it his all once again in the Club Handicap in August...after all...he killed the king before he went down to defeat at the hands of John!
Next tourney is this Sunday...One Club and a Putter...read the description on line if you are unfamiliar with the concept.
Also, the board meets following the tourney and will discuss, among other issues, the Lady's Day controversy. Public is invited and if you have an opinion, show up and give it...or forever hold your peace.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, John!

    It's a good thing John took Bob down. There would have been no living with him had he won! I hope we have even more show up for the Club Handicap. It's always more interesting when it goes multiple rounds. I know that the three rounds I played were all won with a single point and I played people on both sides of my handicap. You don't have to have a low handicap to compete in this format, that's what the handicap is for!

    Looking forward to Sunday. It's always interesting to see what people choose for a club. I once played with someone who used their 3-wood. I don't think I have ever seen such a high score :) You have to choose wisely. You want a club that can get you to the corner on three but also one that you can chip with when you're up close.

    ReplyDelete